Unfortunately in the neck of the woods where we live, where the weather changes in an instant and people can be caught off guard by a whipping snow squall, being prepared with a winter emergency car kit can make or break your day. Here are some items to put in your emergency kit this winter (it may seem like a lot, but it should all fit in a small duffle bag or storage bin).
- flashlight with extra batteries
- swiss army knife/small multi-tool
- ice/snow scraper
- first aid kit
- jumper cables
- non-perishable snacks (like granola bars, nuts) and chewing gum
- extra hat, gloves, scarf
- car cell phone charger (and your phone!)
- shovel (the compact kind is fine)
- kitty litter or bag of sand
- hand/foot warmers
- tissue or toilet paper, disposable wet wipes
- de-icer and windshield washer fluid
**Travel reminder: make sure your fluids are all topped off and don't let your gas get below 1/4 tank.
**LAST BUT NOT LEAST: don't forget your Winter Wellness Check with us to be sure you are geared up for winter driving! Call 763-4466 to schedule your appointment.